Address: Imperia Tower Business Center 6 Presnenskaya emb., bld. 2 Moscow, Russia 123112
Russian - sufficiently fluent in order to handle proceedings and render an award
English - sufficiently fluent in order to handle proceedings and render an award
German - fluent
Associate, Senior Associate
Ivanian and Partners
Shearman & Sterling
Deutsche Institution fuer Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit
, Moscow, Berlin
Experience as arbitrator
Served as arbitrator in 1-3 cases in domestic arbitrations
Examples of cases
Dispute over delivery of equipment (plug connector). After the hearings the award was delivered declining jurisdiction of the sole arbitrator.
Experience as counsel
Acted as counsel for 5-10 years in domestic and international arbitrations
ICAC at the CCI of Ukraine, ad hoc
Examples of cases
- Representing of the interests of the Russian purchaser of the equipment in the dispute in Vienna international arbitration center (VIAC). The relationships of the client with Italian purchaser were governed by CISG, the amount of dispute constituted circa 1,5 mln. Euro (including the counter-claim). We managed to enforce the award in Italy in the middle of COVID 2019 pandemic.
- Representing the interests of the Italian construction company in the dispute against Russian subcontractor in International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). The seat of arbitration was Stockholm. The claim contained various damages caused by delays and untimely performance. The claim was satisfied in full.
- Representing of the interests of the Russian insurance company in the dispute against German insurance company. The dispute arose out of the re-insurance contract and the competent tribunal was ad hoc arbitration with the seat in Hannover. Applicable law was German law.
- Representing of the interest of the Russian bank in the dispute in Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC). The dispute in the amount of circa 20 mln. USD arose out of the three bank guarantees. The applicable law was Russian law.
- Successful representing of the Russian buyer in the dispute in ICAC (Ukraine). The Ukrainian law was applicable to the dispute as well as CISG. We managed to reach amicable settlement on the conditions, favorable for the client.
quantum (damages) experts
experts in technology of mining; quality of published books; foreign law
General arbitration experience
Has been involved in expert determination as counsel
Has been involved in mediation as
Topic: Court of arbitration for Sport in Lausanne: special features and applicable law