Served as arbitrator in 8-10 cases in domestic and international arbitrations
Examples of cases
Claim by FGC UES PJSC against Energiya Severa LLC for recovery of RUB 2,787,700.00. Case No. 67/2019-373;
Claim by Technotorg JSC against IDGC of Siberia PJSC for recovery of RUB 1,019,966.40. Case No. 62/2019-368;
Claim by Energosphera LLC (Kubaneletroschit LLC) against STROYTRANSGAZ-VOSTOK LLC for recovery of RUB 819,506.23
General arbitration experience
Japanese law, Dutch law
Has been involved in dispute resolution as counsel
Has been involved in expert determination as counsel
Has been involved in mediation as legal counsel
Internship with the arbitration team of law firm Slaughter and May in London.
Arbitration Centre at the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP); Member of Arbitration Commission of ICC Russia
Education, qualifications, awards
State University of Land Administration, Lawyer (Specialist), Honors: honours degree, 1999
IP Practice led by Elena Trusova has, for several years running, been top-ranked/ highly recommended:
• Tier 1 by The Legal 500 2016-2020;
• Band 3 by Chambers 2021;
• Group 1 by the Pravo.ru-300 2016-2020.
The Dispute Resolution Practice:
• Tier 2 by The Legal 500 2017-2020 (Dispute resolution: litigation);
• Band 4 by Chambers 2018-2021 (Dispute Resolution: Domestic High-End);
• Group 2 by the Pravo.ru-300 2017-2020.
•International Arbitration and Cross-Border Litigation:
• Tier 2 by The Legal 500 2017-2020 (Dispute resolution: arbitration and mediation);
• Band 3 by Chambers 2018-2020 (Dispute Resolution: International);
• Group 1 by the national rating Pravo.ru-300 2017-2020
• Elena is included in Band 3 by Chambers 2016-2021 (IP)
• Band 4 by Chambers 2021 (Dispute Resolution)
• A Leading Individual in Dispute resolution: litigation by The Legal 500 2018-2020
Arbitrator of the Arbitration Court at the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP)
Preferences as an arbitrator
Depending on the volume and form of documents, a reasonable approach will be chosen.
Upon agreement with the parties, a schedule of hearings may be established with different procedural stages and equal time given to the parties within those stages to present their case, question witnesses, cross-examine, speech on the examination of evidence, etc.
Maximum deference to the right to present the party’s case
Rigorous control of the process by the tribunal
The arbitrator has the right to question a party about unexplained facts and clarify their legal positions, without departing from the rule of objectivity or formulating new arguments for the parties.
It is not the task of the arbitrator to "force the parties to peace", but the arbitrators can help to promote the emergence of agreements between the parties, as well as encourage the parties to find a compromise and, to some extent ( by choice of the parties) help to formulate one.